updated graphic drivers left over files question

fivealive

Hello.First uninstall all parts of Nvidia driver,reboot few times,and after uninstallation you can delete that folder dont worry.After that install new driver,select Custom Install and select Clean installation option also.Thats it..Greetings

from the way that you worded your statement and question it is kind of hard to make out exactly what you mean .

yes , the drivers are unzipped or "unpacked" to a folder ...

sometimes this is a working folder created in the "temporary files" , sometimes it is in a working folder created by the installer (inside the program folder or a folder that "hangs out" on the "C" drive .

there are other ways that manufacturers of the software do this but the path/option is generally given in the initial set-up or there is an indication of where the job is being done .

i have installed nvidia driver/packs/programs and afterwards ran ccleaner ... the files you mentioned show up in the list of files to delete .

you are correct about not uninstalling the drivers you just installed .

better make that working up to date drivers/programs ... sometimes , some how and in some way , the existing files become corrupt or "get broken" .

an example of this (and it has been mentioned elsewhere in these forums) is updating the nvidia drivers via windows update ; sometimes this "messes up" .

it is best to go right to the nvidia site and download the latest and greatest programs/drivers/options ... they even have a neat tool that takes the guess work out of it .

un-installing existing working programs/drivers (etc .) versus "over the top" of an existing installation ...

many years ago it was best to un-install the old stuff first and do a clean install , thankfully times have changed .

the nvidia installers , as a general rule , do a good job of integration/merging and "cleaning up" after themselves (just like a good house guest) .

i have performed many "over the top" updates/upgrades of the nvidia products and found them to be reliable in performance/execution .

today , i would justify a complete un-installation if/when the existing program is corrupted and/or the un-installer information is as well .

there are custom un-installer programs available from the manufacturer or one can use a program such as "revo pro" .

this is also taking into consideration the technical abilities of the person behind the keyboard ...

if you are competent/confident in your abilities then go for it .

@ fivealive :

more directly to the point of removing or deleting the unpacked or installation program .

if you have room on the HD ... keep 'em as a back-up in case things do go wrong ; they're not going to hurt anything sitting there .

removing the downloaded "zipped up" file is ok .

better make that working up to date drivers/programs ... sometimes , some how and in some way , the existing files become corrupt or "get broken" .

an example of this (and it has been mentioned elsewhere in these forums) is updating the nvidia drivers via windows update ; sometimes this "messes up" .

it is best to go right to the nvidia site and download the latest and greatest programs/drivers/options ... they even have a neat tool that takes the guess work out of it .

un-installing existing working programs/drivers (etc .) versus "over the top" of an existing installation ...

many years ago it was best to un-install the old stuff first and do a clean install , thankfully times have changed .

the nvidia installers , as a general rule , do a good job of integration/merging and "cleaning up" after themselves (just like a good house guest) .

i have performed many "over the top" updates/upgrades of the nvidia products and found them to be reliable in performance/execution .

today , i would justify a complete un-installation if/when the existing program is corrupted and/or the un-installer information is as well .

there are custom un-installer programs available from the manufacturer or one can use a program such as "revo pro" .

this is also taking into consideration the technical abilities of the person behind the keyboard ...

if you are competent/confident in your abilities then go for it .

@ fivealive :

more directly to the point of removing or deleting the unpacked or installation program .

if you have room on the HD ... keep 'em as a back-up in case things do go wrong ; they're not going to hurt anything sitting there .

removing the downloaded "zipped up" file is ok .

alright thank you

and to sheraton my drivers wernt up to date hence why i updated them.

they was out of date by about 3 months i had forgot to check for updates

that problem is now fixed its set to notify me when their are updates available (not thru windows but thru the driver panel it self )