Please Help I am losing my mind Blue Screen

ibislupe

I was infected with what PC Tolls called rootkit tdss or something. Malware could not find it. Pc tools kept finding it and never could remove it. I thought let me just do a system repair on the xp pro. SO Backup up settings, doc and who knows what else (about 27 gb worth of data) to another computer.

Inserted original install disk, chose to repair installation, get as fad as installing devices THEN blue screen says atapi.sys error -Address B9EE171D base at B9ED7000, DATESTAMP 4802539d.

Check your hardware for BIOS updates. Disable memort options such as cashing and shadowing.

Tried to start to last know good configuration, forgot what message it gave me.

Tried to boot safe, says can't setup windows in safe mode.

WHat now? I don't care if I have to clean install cause I have backup. But will I get this blue screen? If i will I'd rather not reformat the drive.

Please help. This is my office computer.

I was infected with what PC Tolls called rootkit tdss or something. Malware could not find it.

Please help. This is my office computer.

Hello and welcome to MBAM forum, ibislupe: :)

Sorry to hear you are infected.

The BSOD may well be a result of a severe rootkit infection.

We can't work on malware-related issues in this particular sub-section of the forum.

Since this is your office computer, your MBAM corporate license entitles you to free, one-on-one expert help at the corporate help desk.

Please contact corporate support >>HERE<<.

Please make sure you have malwarebytes.org and salesforce.com in your Safe Sender list in your email program.

In order to assist you better please provide the following information when contacting them:

Cleverbridge Order Reference Number:

Organization name:

Approved Contact name:

If you no longer have access to the order number, you can contact Cleverbridge to obtain information about your order:

Cleverbridge customer service

cs@cleverbridge.com

Phone: +1-866-522-6855

Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM (CST)

Thank you very much,

daledoc1