Trojan.Agent Registry Value

Mark17

I'll find out tomorrow when I get back to work in earnest. This started as a Google Redirect Virus, which MBAM successfully removed once I figured out how to delete 8 GB in a Content.IE5 folder. After being virus-free for about two hours, my computer spontaneously shut down (not initiated by me!) and I believe that occurred shortly after getting the scvhost.exe "virus" (or whatever that was), which now has hopefully ended with the 29032.

Any thoughts as to whether these two viruses were related or what I can do to prevent this sort of thing going forward?

I'll find out tomorrow when I get back to work in earnest. This started as a Google Redirect Virus, which MBAM successfully removed once I figured out how to delete 8 GB in a Content.IE5 folder. After being virus-free for about two hours, my computer spontaneously shut down (not initiated by me!) and I believe that occurred shortly after getting the scvhost.exe "virus" (or whatever that was), which now has hopefully ended with the 29032.

Any thoughts as to whether these two viruses were related or what I can do to prevent this sort of thing going forward?

In these days of fast internet, malware has evolved and now has capability to update itself. The first infection likely brought in the second one. So long as one surfs safely, keep UAC running and not click on questionable links/files. you should be okay.