Update Issue

Lately, when I click on update, nothing happens. I have to totally uninstall the program and reinstall for the download to work. It will work a couple times before I have to do it again. I am using Windows 7 64 bit. I never had that issue before. Please help. Thanks.

Hi, Steve3NJ:

Well, that certainly doesn't sound right.

Trouble updating can have a number of causes, including database corruption, conflicts with your AV/firewall, and infection.

A couple of questions:

1) When you did your reinstalls, did you use the mbam-clean.exe tool?

2) Are you getting any sort of error message?

3) Are you experiencing any abnormal computer behavior suggestive of infection?

Until an MBAM staffer arrives, if you haven't done so, please have a look at this sticky topic.

You might also try a CLEAN reinstall:

• If you are running MBAM PRO, please be sure you have your license ID and key available (sent via email at the time of online purchase, or in the box).
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from HERE.
  • It will ask to restart your computer; please allow it to do so - this is very important!
  • After the computer restarts, download the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HERE, then temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and run the installer. (Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' software which are prominently displayed on the mirror sites -- they are ads and MBAM does not have any association with them.)
  • If you are using MBAM PRO, you will need to reactivate (register) the program using the license ID & key.
  • Launch the MBAM program and (if you are using MBAM PRO) set the Protection and Registration.
  • Then go to the UPDATE tab (if not done during installation) and check for updates.
  • Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the system tray (if using the PRO version).
  • Now set up any file exclusions, as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications, and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs HERE, or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks!

daledoc1

Ok...I did what you said. Removed the program, restarted the computer. At the end, it asked if I wanted to run the update and launch the program. I said yes. Now, it said not responding when doing the update. Then I got the message that the update was out of date 28 days, and it updated it. This is what has been happening all along. I am not sure if I will have the issue again, but it is the same behavior. Thanks for you response...Will await further update....Steve

Steve,

Save and close any work documents, close any apps that you started.

Start your MBAM MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware.

Click the Settings Tab and then the General Settings sub-tab. Make sure all option lines have a checkmark.

Then click the Scanner settings sub-tab in second row of tabs. Make sure all option lines have a checkmark.

Next, Click the Update tab. Press the "Check for Updates" button.

If prompted for a Restart, do that.

When done, click the Scanner tab.

Do a Quick Scan.

When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.

The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.

Post a copy of the scan log.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.62.0.1300

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.07.31.13

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

SteveF3 :: STEVEF3-PC [administrator]

7/31/2012 7:23:10 PM

mbam-log-2012-07-31 (19-23-10).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM

Scan options disabled: P2P

Objects scanned: 213074

Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 38 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

Hi, Steve3NJ:

Well, that's a bummer. Sorry you are having update troubles once again. :(

Until Maurice Naggar returns, please follow the instructions below in order to help him to figure out what's going on:

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool; on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:

1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • -->Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

Thanks,

daledoc1