mse and mbam conflict

so iwas scanning my computer with mbam on my windows 7 laptop and mse decided to check for an update and i noticed that it was sitting on installing for about 6 minutes but assoon as i abandonded the mbam scan it was able to finish the install of the update

the computer in question is a alienware m14x with just mse and mbam running for security

now iv never had this issue before but i was wondering if it could be because of the new update to mbam

I do not believe that it has anything to do with the new version of Malwarebytes. During a scan, Malwarebytes uses quite of bit of the processor to perform its scan. Other programs will run slower during a scan.

Since you cancelled the scan your update was able to complete a whole lot quicker. The update would have completed either way.

If you would like you could always enter the exceptions for Malwarebytes in your MSE as its mentioned in our FAQ => HERE although this will not change how your updates are done.

Not sure about that, but if you suspect it may be a conflict enter the exceptions in your MSE. If it froze at starting windows I do not believe it was a conflict with both, as Malwarebytes was not even running at the time, its set to Delayed start-up by default.