Malwarebytes successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website.

Hi guys iv been getting this message for a while today, iv obly downloaded malware bytes today, my laptop is 6weeks old and i hadnt dwnloaded malwarebytes yet,

but i was gettin troible from babbylon and still am, iv seemingly disabled babylon search engine and it opens everytime on start up google chrome,

that prompted me to download mwb, i also dl'd avast ran a full scan and it didnt find anything, thats probably down to my full system scan with MWB's and it found and removed 83 infections,

it seems my computer is trying to access ips and ips are tryin to access my computer(laptop) and iv a free pro edition trial and seems to be working over time blocking these ip addresses, or is this a deep rooted virus,

all these ips seem to be linked to a process uttorrent.exe,

any help be greatly appreciated,

Jim.

Hi, and welcome, egghead: :)

IP blocks can indicate any number of things (from MBAM doing its job, to a "normal" occurrence when running Skype, to -- rarely -- a false positive).

However, it can also indicate infection.

This seems to be the most likely cause in your case, as you mentioned that MBAM has detected a large number of infections.

(There is quite a lot of detailed info about the IP blocking module in the FAQ - Section G .)

We cannot work on malware removal in this sub-section of the forum, so please read below for assistance with cleaning your system.

IMPORTANT: Please do NOT use any temporary file cleaners unless instructed to do so - they can cause data loss, making it hard to recover your system.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE EXPERT HELP WITH MALWARE REMOVAL, PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING 3 OPTIONS:

OPTION 1: Free, one-on-one, expert assistance in the Malware Removal Forum.

OPTION 2: For licensed users of MBAM PRO, there is free, one-on-one, expert assistance from the MBAM support helpdesk.

OPTION 3: Fee-based, one-on-one, expert assistance from Premium Support.

OPTION 1:

• Please print out, read and carefully follow the instructions in the "I'm Infected - What Do I Do Now?" article.
  • -->If the infection has so crippled the computer that you cannot complete some or all of the steps, then just do the best you can and start a new topic as described below.
  • Then please start a new post in the Malware Removal Forum.
  • An authorized, trained malware expert will provide free, one-on-one assistance as soon as one becomes available.
  • When starting your new post, please note the following:
  • Please do NOT post in a topic started by someone else, even if their problem sounds similar.
  • Please COPY/PASTE the requested logs directly into your post, rather than attaching them.
  • Under options, please be sure to select "track this topic" and "immediate email notification", so you'll know when a helper responds.
  • Please be patient - it may be 48 hours or more before a helper can assist you, especially when the forum is very busy.
  • Please do NOT "bump" your topic or reply back to it for at least 48 hours.
  • Doing so may cause your topic to be overlooked, as it will appear that you are already being helped.

OPTION 2:

If you are a paid user of MBAM PRO and would like support via the helpdesk, please contact them here.

OPTION 3:

If you prefer the Malwarebytes Premium Services (comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs – from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups), please go to the Premium Support site here.

Please be patient – someone will assist you as soon as possible.

Thank you very much,

daledoc1

Hi, egghead:

Well, by all means, finish your tea! :)

Just take your time following the steps in the "I'm Infected" sticky and do the best you can.

The experts will get you checked out and cleaned up over in the malware section.

Please be patient -- it's been rather hectic over there lately, but the helpers are working as fast as they can.

Someone will help you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

daledoc1

I was getting the "Malwarebytes successfully blocked..." repeatedly and suspected a TROJAN.

HOWEVER, it turned out that the problem went awayafter I uninstalled a file sharing program where I was apparently signed up to serve as an intermediary for routing torrents.

So...everyone please try removing your shareware (and any other legitimate softare that could be operating in an IP network) before getting into full antivirus hysterical mode.

Good luck.

I was getting the "Malwarebytes successfully blocked..." repeatedly and suspected a TROJAN.

HOWEVER, it turned out that the problem went awayafter I uninstalled a file sharing program where I was apparently signed up to serve as an intermediary for routing torrents.

So...everyone please try removing your shareware (and any other legitimate softare that could be operating in an IP network) before getting into full antivirus hysterical mode.

Good luck.

Thanks, metametal.

You are correct - P2P programs, Skype and others like it will generate IP blocks.

For example, please see this recent post by forum Admin AdvancedSetup about IP blocks and Skype.

However, in egghead's case, he describes MBAM scans as having detected a number of threats, as well as other abnormal computer behavior.

That is why I suggested that he have one of the malware experts check his sytem for infection and clean it, if need be. :)

There is more information about the IP blocking module in the FAQ - Section G (and in the Helpdesk-FAQ).

Cheers,

daledoc1

PS Mods - OP is being assisted by Maniac in the Malware Removal section. OK to close this topic, if you wish? Thanks! :)