Malwarebytes Pro toolbox

Hi, I think the new tools need to be added for now. There are no more tools other than fileASSASSIN, (good name, if I must say so myself ^^). The M.B.A.M team is most probably either creating new tools to be released, or are making plans for doing so. So, for now, rest assured that there are no other tools.

actually there are other tools, which are listed and labeled likeise on this website! http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/other_tools shouldn't a product match its page..?

- Reg Assassin is the registry counterpart for File Assassin (I can understand it not being included because of the sensitivity of the registry but a refernce to its existence would be useful right?)

- Start Up Lite (this is popular and has its own forum here and a couple other fora so why not include it..?)

- Chameleon (I know its installed alongside mbam now but probably should have a link to launch it in there!?)

actually there are other tools, which are listed and labeled likeise on this website! http://www.malwareby...cts/other_tools shouldn't a product match its page..?

- Reg Assassin is the registry counterpart for File Assassin (I can understand it not being included because of the sensitivity of the registry but a refernce to its existence would be useful right?)

- Start Up Lite (this is popular and has its own forum here and a couple other fora so why not include it..?)

- Chameleon (I know its installed alongside mbam now but probably should have a link to launch it in there!?)

also what about the mbam uninstall\deactivte utility that can be downloaded via the FAQ and somewhere in these fora too but isn't included with the product or mentioned on the tools downloads page itself either?)

Hi :)

Reg Assassin and Start Up Lite appear to have been discontinued. Same for the individual file assassin. Chameleon is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Chameleon for 64 bit systems or Program Files(without the x86) for 32 bit windows. Now the uninstall tool is not included as if it's removed then it wouldn't be available. ;)

• Staff

Chameleon in the More Tools tab (or anywhere within the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware user interface) would actually serve no valid purpose.

The only use for Chameleon currently is to get Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to run when it is blocked from doing so by an infection, so if Malwarebytes Anti-Malware won't run thus creating the need to run Chameleon, you wouldn't be able to open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to launch Chameleon because Malwarebytes Anti-Malware won't run.

As for StartupLite and RegASSASSIN, DarkSnakeKobra is quite correct, those two tools are not currently being developed or updated, at least not at this time.

As for mbam-clean, I would not want to include it with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as that would provide an easy attack vector for malware to automatically remove Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from a user's system.

Now, all that being said, we do have plans down the road to add more tools into Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, however I cannot say when or what form those tools will take at this time.