EnigmaChick

Video to Flash Converter through giveawayoftheday website

I read the rules for submission to this area but I could not follow them I'm sorry because this problem is not picked up through a scan, only when trying to run the setup program enclosed within the zip file. It is the current(as of today, as there is generally a new one each day and the ones before that expire if not installed within the one day promotion period) free program promotion available at www.giveawayoftheday.com

I have been using this site for both its programs and usually weekend game offers and as they claim have never found malware in any of their promotions.

However I ran the zip file through virustotal to back this up and this is its conclusion:

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/b5e0b4b...836264a68e7108e

Therefore I report this as a false positive and enclose the mentioned zip file(hopefully this is not against any site rules, if so I apologize in advance), so you can inspect its contents further.

Video2FlashConv.zip

Video2FlashConv.zip

I am unable to replicate this by either extracting all executables from this installer or by installing with protection on.

Please make sure MBAM is up to date and then if the FP still occurs take a screenshot of it and post it with your next reply .

Hi,

Adware.SearchIt99, was caught being distributed with AD-Bundled Flash games install openly shared on the Gnutella network(P2P).The file that is being flagged is a tempory install file whic drops in <temps> but then is deleted after install is complete.

Has blocking this file prevented you from getting your free games or just blocked the installation of the SearchIt99 BHO ?

I ignored the warning to install it(since I assumed it was a false positive and only had a small amount of time to install it) and I haven't had problems like this with other promotions from the site. So if I'm still a bit unclear if it's just the temporary file that was the issue if having installed it means it also installed that ad-ware or not?

All Internet Explorer addons and such have been accounted for so it looks like I'm ok, thanks for the help! :D

However I will admit I rarely use it, mainly I use Firefox instead.