Should I get rid of security essentials?

I have been running Pro for some time and was wondering if I should uninstall Microsoft's Security Essentials. They are both running and I assume taking more resources than if I just ran mbam pro by itself.

Before I retired I was using McAfee Corporate with its policy manager and I had a problem re-enableing windows defender when I uninstalled McAfee. I assume I can leave defender to run as-is and just uninstall essentials. Is this advised? I am thinking it would help speed up my system.

From my experience, trojans and newer viruses are found by mbam and not by essentials.

Thanks for looking!

No you should not get rid of Microsoft Security Essentials. Malwarebytes is not an Antivirus Program or a replacement of one. You need to have both an antivirus program and an antimalware program such as Malwarebytes.

Only remove MSE if you plan on installing a different antivirus program. You are not running both McAfee and MSE are you?

No you should not get rid of Microsoft Security Essentials. Malwarebytes is not an Antivirus Program or a replacement of one. You need to have both an antivirus program and an antimalware program such as Malwarebytes.

Only remove MSE if you plan on installing a different antivirus program. You are not running both McAfee and MSE are you?

Thanks for clarifying this. I have had mbam find trojans such as antivirus 2011 (or whatever year they use) and other trojans that MSE does not detect nor was able to remove. I do not use McAfee anymore as I no longer have access to the corporate updates and am using MSE, Defender and mbam pro that I bought about 6 months ago.

Yes Malwarebytes is an excellent product that finds malware and other things that sneak by your antivirus software. This is why it is important to have layered security. MSE together with MBAM Pro and its excellent web blocker technology will go a long way keeping you protected and clean.