ran combofix - cant open any program

At first when i saved combo fix i ACCIDENTALLY saved combofix not to my desktop but to whereever it saved it and now after combofix ran last night and I got on to post the combofix log and now I cant do anything on my computer such as open any system, internet explorer, skype, yahoo, notepad, system restore.

I ran combo fix and got an error on my computer,

C:\program files(x86)\internet explorer\iexplore.exe

illegal Operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion.

(click ok or x it out)

another box opens:

Can't open this item

it might have been moved, renamed or deleted. Don you want to removes this item?

same things come for Skype, Yahoo Messenger, and any other program on my computer.

I cant even restore my computer. It says thats marked for deletion!!!!!!

now i hardbooted my computer and can get on the internet skype and yahoo, but almost every programs it says the firewall has blocked access, do you want to allow access.

how do i delete or find combofix saved anywhere on my computer besides the desktop?

Reboot the computer, you may have to do this a couple of times to clear it up, MrC

i did and it worked one time, thankfully it worked, i thought i really screwed up something!

I have this in my ComboFix instructions:

---------->NOTE<----------

If you get the message Illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion after you run ComboFix....please reboot the computer, this should resolve the problem. You may have to do this several times if needed.

Glad you got it fixed, MrC

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!