Clarify what mbam-cleaner can do

The article "Use mbam-clean.exe to completely remove Malwarebytes" at http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/entries/20818461-use-mbam-clean-exe-to-completely-remove-malwarebytes , says that it "removes traces of the program". I infer that this means that it is a supplement to be used, if needed, after an un-installation is performed by the usual method.

Can it completely uninstall Malwarebytes on its own when Malwarebyte's uninstaller (Start > Programs > Malwarebytes) and the Windows Control Panel method are completely non-functional ? All of my anti-malware software programs have become corrupted. My Malwarebytes scanner no longer works. When I try to uninstall Malwarebytes, I get the error message "Unable to create a temporary file. Setup aborted. Error 5: Accessed denied."

I have Windows 7. I have a malicious entity on my computer which targets my anti-malware sortware programs in various ways.

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to MBAM forum, maudit: :)

You are correct, the mbam-clean tool does exactly what you describe.

It removes remnants/traces of the MBAM program, including license ID/key information.

This is important, for example, when the user wishes to transfer his/her license/key to another computer, or when the user wishes to cleanly re-install or upgrade MBAM (e.g. to resolve minor corruption issues, etc).

You can download and run mbam-clean.exe from HERE.

It will prompt for a reboot after running -- this is very important.

Please allow it to do so.

As for your infection issue, please refer to the guidance provided in your other topic >>HERE<<.

The qualified malware experts will assist you with cleaning your computer. :)

HTH,

daledoc1

The article "Use mbam-clean.exe to completely remove Malwarebytes" at http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/entries/20818461-use-mbam-clean-exe-to-completely-remove-malwarebytes , says that it "removes traces of the program". I infer that this means that it is a supplement to be used, if needed, after an un-installation is performed by the usual method.

That's one use for it, yes.

Can it completely uninstall Malwarebytes on its own when Malwarebyte's uninstaller (Start > Programs > Malwarebytes) and the Windows Control Panel method are completely non-functional ? All of my anti-malware software programs have become corrupted. My Malwarebytes scanner no longer works. When I try to uninstall Malwarebytes, I get the error message "Unable to create a temporary file. Setup aborted. Error 5: Accessed denied."

Yes, however given the error message of 'Error 5: Access denied', even mbam-clean may not work as it sounds like the infection may have messed up your system permissions, something a tool like mbam-clean cannot overcome.

It sounds like you may be dealing with a nasty rootkit like ZAccess. I would highly recommend going with daledoc1's recommendation of seeking expert assistance with removing the infection as a reinstallation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is very unlikely to correct the problems you're having.