Google Redirect, My Secruity Shield, Malcious Websites, & DDS log

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After some use, I have encountered no problems with Internet Explorer. I did have to uninstall Service Pack 3 to uninstall and reinstall Internet Explorer. Service Pack 3 reinstalled successfully after that.

Overall, the computer seems to be working completely correctly. The only problems being that Update for Windows XP (KB2633952) can not install.

The programs that I still have on this computer that we used for the malware removal process are RKill (as iExplore) TDSSKiller, aswMBR, and TFC. Please let me know which ones I should delete and which ones (if any) that I should keep.

I really would like to thank you for all of your help. I appreciate it tremendously.

• Staff

Hi,

Feel free to delete all of them.

See if this removes any of them:

Please download OTC by OldTimer and save it to your Desktop.

• Double-click OTC.exe
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • Select Yes when the Begin cleanup Process? prompt appears.
  • If you are prompted to reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes. If it doesn't, delete it by yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

OTC did not remove any of the programs, but it did seem to delete itself after the reboot. What else should I try? Seeing how some of these are .exe's if I just put them in the Recycle Bin and emptied it, would they be deleted completely or would some other components remain?

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!