mbam and nav will not play together

We're more than happy to help.

We would really like to figure this out. Please cooperate with us.

ok but do not infer i am illegaly downloading what i use utorrent for is my business. I have scanned my computer several time and there is nothing except afew cookies.i have updated video card drivers

as a test i go start/right click computer/properties/advanced system settings. it hangs with the hour glass a few seconds on the computer right click

• Staff

Thank you. I wasn't accusing you; I was just quoting our rules so you're aware. Since you use it legitimately there's no issue. :)

I do not believe this is malware related so we are going to try a few different ways to troubleshoot and isolate the cause.

When the slowness occurs, open Task Manager (CTRL + Shift + Esc) and see if anything is using a high percentage of CPU in the Processes tab.

Thank you. I wasn't accusing you; I was just quoting our rules so you're aware. Since you use it legitimately there's no issue. :)

I do not believe this is malware related so we are going to try a few different ways to troubleshoot and isolate the cause.

When the slowness occurs, open Task Manager (CTRL + Shift + Esc) and see if anything is using a high percentage of CPU in the Processes tab.

only system idle process. i do see fire fox is using around 195,000k or kb? of memory though. is that right

• Staff

If you click on "Show processes from all users," does it reveal anything else?

The 200MB of RAM for Firefox is normal for heavy usage of it.

Did you uninstall Comodo completely to troubleshoot? After you do, reboot and see if behavior changes.

Download my Security Check from here or here.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

@screen317 here it is

Note SP1 will not install.

------------------------------------

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.42

Windows 7 x64 (UAC is disabled!)

Out of date service pack!!

Internet Explorer 8 Out of date!

``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````

Norton AntiVirus

WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.

`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````

WinPatrol

WinPatrol 2007 (Outdated! Latest version is WinPatrol 2012)

Out of date HijackThis installed!

SpywareBlaster 4.6

Spybot - Search & Destroy

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.61.0.1400

HijackThis 2.0.2

Adobe Flash Player 10 Flash Player out of Date!

Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.62 Flash Player out of Date!

Adobe Reader 9 Adobe Reader out of Date!

Mozilla Firefox (13.0.1)

Mozilla Thunderbird (13.0.1)

````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````

Norton ccSvcHst.exe

WinPatrol winpatrol.exe

Comodo Firewall cmdagent.exe

Comodo Firewall cfp.exe

Norton AntiVirus Norton AntiVirus Engine 19.7.1.5\ccSvcHst.exe

BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol.exe

`````````````````System Health check`````````````````

Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 0%

````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

-----------------------

Thanks for your help

no that is already checked. Is there no way to edit posts here?

Stepping in just to answer this question for you..... You will get the ability to edit your posts after you reach a post count of 50. This has been done to keep users from editing their posts mainly in the HJT section to prevent confusion.

Stepping in just to answer this question for you..... You will get the ability to edit your posts after you reach a post count of 50. This has been done to keep users from editing their posts mainly in the HJT section to prevent confusion.

OK thanks for that

• Staff

Thanks for the updates GreenMan.

I would like you to completely uninstall all Comodo software from your computer. Once this is complete, please reboot and see if the performance issues persist.

Note SP1 will not install.
What message do you get when you try to install SP1?
@screen317 security check is a cool program. how does it work? Why does it open a dos window instead of a gui. just curious
It opens a DOS window because I wrote it in DOS batch. ;) Call me old fashioned but it works and is quite powerful.

@screen317 Thanks for reply. i am not going to unnstall comodo as i have had it a long time and no problems. i do not think this s an mbam thing now as it happens when I have stopped mbam from running. Have scanned with mbam/spybot/superantispyware and nav and not even a cookie. PC is clean

SP1 gives error 80004005 and I have been all over the net and cannot find a way to make it work.

Your program is good i do not undrstand how you wrote it but its good

Thanks for your help

• Staff

Thank you for the update.

Since the issue does not appear to be related to MBAM, I'm going to move this topic to the PC Help forum.

If you would like to continue troubleshooting this performance issue, please run the PCPitstop Full Tests here (NOT the PCMatic scan or any other scan; simply register with the box on the left and you will be taken to the Full Tests/Overdrive Test). When the tests are complete, a results page will pop up. Copy and paste the URL of the Results screen and post it here for me.

Thank you for the update.

Since the issue does not appear to be related to MBAM, I'm going to move this topic to the PC Help forum.

If you would like to continue troubleshooting this performance issue, please run the PCPitstop Full Tests here (NOT the PCMatic scan or any other scan; simply register with the box on the left and you will be taken to the Full Tests/Overdrive Test). When the tests are complete, a results page will pop up. Copy and paste the URL of the Results screen and post it here for me.

Thanks will do

@screen 317 Thanks. Sorry for delay in getting back to you. i ran the pc pitstop test but do not see any log to post. One of the things it said was my hard drive was 10% fragmented. It said win 7 saw my disk as ssd and was not defragging it and defrag should be scheduled. In another window it said a defrag is scheduled. But anyway windows defragger was not defragging. I tried a manual defrag and it would analyse but not defrag.

So I downloaded defraggler from http://www.piriform.com/defraggler and ran it . It took over night and then i defragged the free space whch took several more hours and then did a defrag on boot. Now my computer is much faster except a slight delay when returning from screen saver. Norton does an idle time scan so perhaps that is it. I have this computer two and half years and apparently it has never been defragged as windows was not doing it even though it was scheduled

Defraggler is a much better program than the windows defraggler any way. I am now going to re enable mbam and hope that everything goes OK

Thanks for your help with this

Hi,

Since you're using an SSD I suggest not defragmenting the hard drive since that may affect its lifespan. The Norton scan is likely to blame for the screen savor lag issue.

I am not using an ssd but apparently win 7 thinks i am and did not defrag.