Top Posters In This Topic

• Staff

Uninstall Malwarebytes

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or post to ask and we'll explain how to do it.

• Staff

Greetings

I have not heard from you in a couple of days so I am coming by to check on you to see if you are having problems or you just need some more time.

Also to remind you that it is very important that we finish the process completely so as to not get reinfected. I will let you know when we are complete and I will ask to remove our tools

Gringo

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.62.0.1300

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.07.15.09

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

Pat :: PATS-LATITUDE [administrator]

7/15/2012 11:59:29 AM

mbam-log-2012-07-15 (11-59-29).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM

Scan options disabled: P2P

Objects scanned: 237686

Time elapsed: 3 minute(s), 1 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 1

C:\Users\Pat\Downloads\7zip_installer_1650.exe (PUP.BundleOffers.IIQ) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)

Well, I think that I am pretty safe now. Once in awhile the screen switches to desktop while I am working on something.

like an email or letter etc. ... very strange. all I have to do is touch the mouse and it comes back... but it's annoying...

You have been wonderful to help me out of this problem. I can't thank you enough.

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!