SpiderLover

Hi,

I noticed that the uninstaller for an official EA game patch was detected as Trojan.Zbot by MBAM; the patch is for Need For Speed: High Stakes.

Here is the log:

_ISDel.zip

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.61.0.1400

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.06.29.02

Windows XP Service Pack 2 x86 NTFS

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

COM :: COM-B80F3AD61EC [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

6/28/2012 11:19:48 PM

mbam-log-2012-06-28 (23-22-57).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM

Scan options disabled: P2P

Objects scanned: 178998

Time elapsed: 3 minute(s),

Memory Processes Detected: 0

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 1

C:\Documents and Settings\COM\Local Settings\Temp\pftB3~tmp\_ISDel.exe (Trojan.Zbot) -> No action taken. [1b9b28d1312b56e05745cfe1fc047b85]

(end)

• 9 months later...

I just found this topic on an internet search because I got the same hit on other installers not related to the game.

C:\IBMTOOLS\DRIVERS_BEST\BMMPM\_ISDEL.EXE

... \EZEJECT\_ISDEL.EXE

... \IBMPM\_ISDEL.EXE

... \PDIRECT\_ISDEL.EXE

... \UTILITY\_ISDEL.EXE

Greetings and welcome :)

This thread is very old so it's likely that the definition hitting these files is completely different. If you would, please follow the instructions outlined here and post back a developers log so that our Research team can investigate the detections and get them corrected if they are indeed false positives.

I'll see if another MBAM flag occurs when I run next week's round of scans, but the new v1.75 and latest updates identified a number of instances of _ISDel.exe as Spyware.Zbot on two older Toshiba laptops in my office, in each case pointing to that executable associated with official Toshiba application update patches and residing in temporary directories affiliated with their installation which have been present for years with no previous flag raised by MBAM or any of the other malware scanners run in residence (MSE) or in manual weekly scans (MBAM, Super Antispyware, TDSS Killer, Panda Cloud AV).

If the flags are presented again next week, I'll monitor any followup messages in this thread and submit the developer log file then.