Malwarebytes crashes during full scan

When I try to run a full scan on Malwarebytes, my computer crashes and brings me to a screen mentioning something about a boot key. After restarting once more, it brings me to a new (unknown) page where it asks to press 'F1' to continue. Upon continuing, the Window's (XP) startup screen appears but does not load. I have to start up my computer in "last known good configuration" mode to start it. (safe mode does not work either)

In an attempt to stop this from happening, I tried to run a quick scan Malwarebytes and AVG. Neither detected anything, so I tried a full scan on Malwarebytes, which caused the computer to crash about 6 minutes in.

Every time I restart my computer these messages appear.

I am positive there is something wrong with my computer due to the odd start up that happens and not being able to run windows normally. Malwarebytes isn't solving the problem.

Something saying "AVG Summer Update" popped up. I exited it and went to AVG and there were no updates to be found. Could this be part of the virus? Trying to get me to download things posing to be virus scanners?

Thanks in advance.

:welcome:

Please don't attach the scan results, use Copy/Paste

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision.

Doing so could make your pc inoperatible and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.

Vista and Windows 7 users:

1. These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them

2. With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")

Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.

You might want to print these instructions out.

Note: Close all browsers before running ATF Cleaner: IE, FireFox, etc.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Download - ATF Cleaner»

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.

Under Main choose: Select All

Click the Empty Selected button.

• If you use Firefox browser
    Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

If you use Opera browser

• Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

It's normal after running ATF cleaner that the PC will be slower to boot the first time or two.

Next:

Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.

[*]Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)

[*]Double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)

[*]When done, DDS.txt will open.

[*]After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.

[*]Save both reports to your desktop.

---------------------------------------------------

• Post the contents of the DDS.txt in your next reply

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!