Help Help Help! How to clean "Win32/Olmarik.TDL4 trojan"?

It would appear that you've got a rather serious infection on your computer... multiple system files appear to have been overwritten, which would explain (among other things) the various issues you've been encountering while attempting to run some of the tools I've asked you to.

At this point, my recommendation would be to reformat and reinstall Windows... I think that would be the quickest and most effecient way to neuter the problem in a timely manner.

We could still try to manually fix these things, but I honestly think it would take a lot longer than simply starting from scratch. Let me know what you'd like to do.

I'd advise you to start backing up any data and files you'd like to keep. If you'd like me to go ahead and provide you instructions for reformatting and reinstalling Windows, let me know. :)

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hestitate to ask.

Hi DFB,

Thank you very much for your suggestion!

Is that the only way to solve it? I have a lot of softwares installed in my PC, if I re-install windows, I have to re-install all of them again...

My computer has the fuction of auto-reinstall, Do I need to re-install the whole thing or just driver C?

Some people says even I re-install windows, the olmark.TDL will still be there, because someone else has experienced this.

What is the best thing to do?

Thanks!

Is that the only way to solve it? I have a lot of softwares installed in my PC, if I re-install windows, I have to re-install all of them again...

It would definitely be the quickest and most effective. Reinstalling Windows guarantees that everything plaguing your PC would be erased entirely. ;)

My computer has the fuction of auto-reinstall, Do I need to re-install the whole thing or just driver C?

I'd suggest reinstalling everything- that way, you can be sure there's nothing left over on any other drives.

Some people says even I re-install windows, the olmark.TDL will still be there, because someone else has experienced this.

Try running TDSSKiller (go ahead and download a new copy) and post the log it creates- if nothing shows up, I'd say you should be safe to reinstall Windows without worry of getting reinfected.

You should be able to perform a Factory "Restore" (or Factory "Reset") using your Compaq software... this link at HP should explain the steps in detail: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00007691&product=92867&dlc=en〈=en#N1110

Let me know if there's anything else I can answer. :)

Re-install everything? That will be a huge job for me :(

I'll be here to help you all the way. If there's anything I can guide you through, just let me know. :)

Is that possible for me only to re-install driver C?

Could you please clarify what you mean by "re-install driver C"? Where do you see that option listed?

In my computer, there is an option that allow me to re-install the system hard drive (c:) whilst keep everything else same as they are.

So only drive C will be re-installed and went back to the factory setting, but other drivers will remain the same.

It recommanded in my computer to only reinstall the drive C

• Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!