Windows XP Only boots in safe mode

Hello,

I was using my Desktop Computer running Windows XP Service Pack 2. It was one of those days where I wanted to clean my computer from old programs and such I uninstalled things that i wasn't using and installed updates and such. I also looked up "Tips and Tweaks" to make my computer perform faster and I came across this website http://www.techbargains.com/hottips/hottip12/index.cfm I did most of the things this website told me to do in order to get a faster performance... after I was done with all the tweaks I restarted my computer and came across the problem that While the screen said Windows XP the green bars running on the screen eventually froze..... so I turned it off and ran it on safe mode, which it worked but that's the only way I can go into windows through safe mode. I have tried different things I've read online but nothing seems to work... What can I do now?

p.s i even did a system restore to a point when my computer was working fine but still no luck..... :(