Windows 7 Build This copy of Windows is not genuine

New problem for this laptop.

So anyways, as I was turning on my laptop I decided I would change my mind and turn it off in the midst of it loading. I held the power button and turned it off. Hours later, I come back to my computer finding out that my computer changed? I'm not sure what happened, but this message, "Windows 7 Build This copy of Windows is not genuine" appeared on the bottom-right corner of the screen. I'm not sure what this means, but I do know that I've had this computer for a long, long time. So I know my windows is genuine. Each time I log in, the background turns black and it asks me for a product key. I don't have a product key anymore cause that's long gone. What do I do?

I'm not sure if it's a virus, but here's the report of the scanner anyways.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.61.0.1400

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.05.24.05

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS

Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514

Tito :: TOPNET [administrator]

5/24/2012 5:12:54 PM

mbam-log-2012-05-24 (17-12-54).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM

Scan options disabled: P2P

Objects scanned: 224528

Time elapsed: 3 minute(s), 19 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

Hi:

Unfortunately, we cannot review scan logs or work on malware-related issues in this particular sub-section of the forum.

Moreover, it looks as if you are already being assisted by Maniac in an open topic in the malware removal section HERE ?

To avoid confusion and waste of precious forum resources, it would probably be best to stick with your other topic until your helper gives you the "all-clean".

If there are other, non-malware problems remaining after disinfection, then he may refer you back here to the PC Help section, for further assistance.

(It sounds as if something in the OS may have become corrupted when you shut down the computer while it was still booting up???)

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

daledoc1

PS If you search for "This copy of Windows 7 is not genuine" at www.sevenforums.com, you'll find many threads about this, with many different causes & solutions.

Microsoft can help with that problem, just call the Product Activation Solution Center

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_sc_prodact_master?ws=support

Or you can call Call Microsoft Activation Number and they can give you the straight information on the key you are trying to use.

800-936-5700 Explain to them what Happened and they can fix you up

daledoc1 :

"To avoid confusion and waste of precious forum resources, it would probably be best to stick with your other topic until your helper gives you the "all-clean".

If there are other, non-malware problems remaining after disinfection, then he may refer you back here to the PC Help section, for further assistance."

@ OP :

like daledoc1 said ... stick with the malware issues first .

trying to do anything else while working on malware issues can result in some disastrous consequences .

once the malware issues with the machine are cleared up then is the time to address other issues .

it may also be that during the malware removal that the issue you mentioned may be cleared up ...

ya never know .