Application error

For the past month maybe more I've been experiencing an issue where my desktop becomes inactive and i'm forced to hard boot my PC. I usually don't notice it's going on if I'm just using one web page, but as soon as I try to open a new tab or a program, it just becomes unresponsive.

I noticed the following log at time of all of the events. I've previously tried reinstalling MB as well as booting it in chameleon mode to see if it detects anything but all scans come back fine and the issue persists.

Faulting application name: mbamservice.exe, version: 1.61.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f6b8ade

Faulting module name: BfLLR.dll, version: 6.0.0.35, time stamp: 0x4f3a9294

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00009ab8

Faulting process id: 0x1100

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd379707867d33

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\BfLLR.dll

Report Id: 3c41f0db-a38c-11e1-9813-a4badbfccd97

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

Jake

• Root Admin

There appears to possibly be some type of issue with the network card you have. Bigfoot Networks Killer Nic Card

Please run the following and we'll see if we can find anything obvious going on. Post back both logs as attachments please.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool, on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  1. DDS.txt
  2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

Here are the two files.

Also I had google'd the BfLLR.dll item and saw the bigfoot networks thing come up, and since I stopped using that card due to firmware issues, I uninstalled what I saw of it from programs. The thing is the issue is sporadic, usually it happens at least once a day, but other times it doesn't occur at all. Today it happened around four times in an hour so I became concerned.

Attach.txt

DDS.txt

• Root Admin

Well if you really want to stop using that NIC card you should remove it from the system. It does show as disabled but will have drivers still loading just not being fully used.

==== Disabled Device Manager Items =============

Class GUID: {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Description: Killer Xeno Gaming Adapter

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1957&DEV_00B6&SUBSYS_11011A56&REV_12\4&15C0F105&0&00E0

Manufacturer: Bigfoot

Name: Killer Xeno Gaming Adapter

PNP Device ID: PCI\VEN_1957&DEV_00B6&SUBSYS_11011A56&REV_12\4&15C0F105&0&00E0

Service: Xeno7x64

The bigger potential issue may be due to exclusions for your Anti-Virus - what version of McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware are you running and have you setup any exclusions for it to run with Malwarebytes?

I'm using McAfee SecurityCenter(Dell Version) for both Virus and Spyware protection. It looks like the virus scan is version 15.0 and security scenter is version 11.0.

I see for my firewall I have an exception for Malwarebytes that grants it outgoing access.

• Root Admin

Please try the following and see if this helps. This is for a different version but the same idea for exclusions should apply.

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in McAfee Total Protection:

1. Open McAfee and click on Navigation in the upper right hand corner.
  2. Click on Firewall located under Features.
  3. Click on Program Permissions and wait for the list to populate.
  4. Click the Add button and then click browser.
  5. Add the following files to the firewall with full access:
    Note: On 64 bit Windows versions these files will be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

[*]Click OK

[*]Close the McAfee main window and restart your computer.

Set Exclusions for McAfee Total Protection in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on McAfee and click OK.
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on McAfee.com and click OK.
  • Click on the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files and click once on McAfee and click OK.
    Note: For 64 bit Windows versions these folders will be in C:\Program Files (x86)
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware