PUP.Bundleinstaller.4S

Hello.

After running a deep scan with Malwarebytes, two files and a registry key were reported in the results:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\4Sync (PUP.BundleInstaller.4S)

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My documents\Apps\Installations\4Sync_102.exe (PUP.BundleInstaller.4S)

C:\Programmes\4Sync\uninstall.exe (PUP.BundleInstaller.4S)

This three results are related with 4Sync desktop application. I downloaded it to try, it is not my main cloud storage service. I have no experience with malware infections, is this a serious threat or a false positive (since it is related with an genuine application)?

What kind of malware is this?

Should I delete it from my PC? What are the risks involved if I keep it installed?

Thank you very much in advance.

• Root Admin

The program is often bundled with other software and there are over 100 files with the same or similar name in installers listed on Emisoft

Most of it is tied to marketing so we list it as PUP (Possibly Unwanted Program)

If you are aware of it and the potential advertising and marketing or similar behavior associated with it then its up to you if you want to leave it installed.

Depending on what it is you're trying to do there may be better alternatives.