I've got the www.anykuy.com malware and need some help

Well somehow I got the the malware that tries to direct you to www.anykuy.com which then tries to trick you into installing software.

I found out about your software from this link, BTW there is some good info on this thing there but not enough to fix the problem:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...06130054AAZBC8m

I've installed your software Malwarebytes but it doesn't find whatever malware this is called so I'm wondering what I should do now to get rid of this thing.

It puts a red X in the sys tray which constantly tells you that your computer is infected then it will occasionally open up a IE window and get you to click on it to go to their website.

I've looked in processes but I don't see an obvious program that is running that is in fact this malware.

Any help greatly appreciated as I'm sick of this thing jacking me around. Thanks.

Hello and Welcome!

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?
  2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
  3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.

Thanks for the help.

This is my work computer so I just didn't have time to mess around or else I was going to be losing money.

I was finally able to get rid of this obnoxious piece of malware by using the restore function.

For whatever reason the restore would not work the first few times I tried to get it to go but I eventually was able to make it work.

My computer is back to normal. I regretably lost some settings for a I program that I use for work but I'll be able to get them back over the next few days.

Wow, what a pain in the butt that was!

Hello and Welcome!
  1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?
  2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
  3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.