Sign in to follow this  
almirsahbaz

DFDWiz.exe

Shadow, I was indeed not on an administrator account, thanks for the heads up on that. I'm running the scan again now, hopefully everything goes well. Even so, I guess I still am having computer problems but I suppose a new PC is always an option.

I am having the same problem with DFDWiz.exe but I can't reinstall the files can someone assit me with this - I truly appreciate it.

I am having the same problem with DFDWiz.exe but I can't reinstall the files can someone assit me with this - I truly appreciate it.

I need a copy DFDWiz.exe for Vista 32-bit

Brumak,

Please visit our malware or general troubleshooting forum and our advisors can help you with the pc. Support in the forums is free.

Moderator,

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I have ran sfc /scannow several times and it cannot fix it "cannot repair member file DFDWiz.exe". I see the file in system32 file but it keep coming up that it cannot not be repair in sfc /scannow. Malwarebyte seen it as a FakeAlert and I removed it. I read your fixed it or its fixed but it was too late.

I was trying to retrieve it from the original disk for Vista but I could not find it.

Thank you anyway!

Moderator, I mean Shawowar!

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I have ran sfc /scannow several times and it cannot fix it "cannot repair member file DFDWiz.exe". I see the file in system32 file but it keep coming up that it cannot not be repair in sfc /scannow. Malwarebyte seen it as a FakeAlert and I removed it. I read your fixed it or its fixed but it was too late.

I was trying to retrieve it from the original disk for Vista but I could not find it.

Thank you anyway!

Shallowwar,

Update!

Found this - a RED X beside DFDWiz.exe in folder x86_microsoft-windows-diagnostic-user-resolver.

Shadowwar,

Update!

Found this - a RED X beside DFDWiz.exe in folder x86_microsoft-windows-diagnostic-user-resolver.

Shallowwar,

Update!

Gosabgo,

so you are fixed now? the file is present in system32? The one in user resolver is just a cached copy and not actively used by windows.

Like Gosabgo, I had a red circle with a white X icon in front of the file name before it was deleted apparently by MWB. I did not want to restore the version referred to in the first post because I don't have any idea of its safety. Instead I looked on my daughter's computer for the file and found it. It had all the date, etc. data the same as the file I lost. However it also had a red circle with white X icon in front of the name. So now I'm unsure whether to put it on my computer or not. She has not had any virus issues. I went looking on the web for "red circle with white X" and found a number of references to that icon showing up in the task bar of people with an obvious fake alert infection. So now I don't know what to think about the status of DFDWiz.exe. Could MWB be putting the icon in front of the file name?

Mmurphy,

That icon with the red x is the correct icon for dfdwiz. The icon is nothing to be scared about. If The file is back already then no need to restore as windows file protection put it back already.

Also just an fyi. The file is clean in the first post:

https://www.virustot...9c996/analysis/

IF you click on the additional info tab at the bottom of the page of virustotal you can see it was first seen over two years ago and is digitally signed by microsoft. Also there is not one detection by 41 antivirus programs.

if anyone is still having issues with being uable to restore the quarantined files I solved the issue by doing a windows restore (windows 7, it restores the missing file) then uninstalling/reinstalling malwarebytes (the restore seems to mess up malwarebytes). only takes a few minutes. Make sure you restore the system from before you had the problem.

Regarding my comment about evading the issue. What I meant was that the real problem was that the quarantined files could not be resotred and that was not being addressed. As far I can tell its still not. Quite why a know problem is being ignored I dont know. Anyway I have now posted on the general forum, maybe something will happen now.

Skinny,

I am not ignoring the problem. I explained the one in user resolver cache is not actively used by windows and not needed to be restored. The one in system32 directly is the one that is needed.

Also i am a researcher and not in support. I do not deal with the day to day issues with the program so would not have the knowledge to help you troubleshoot it. That is why i recommended posting in the general forum so someone with the knowledge can help you.

A suspicion about why it may not be restored is windows is not allowing a program to write to the user resolver cache/winsxs folder. Actually after some more research that is exactly what is happening. Windows blocks any writes by any program to put any files there.

Also this folder contains older copies of files from a previous service pack along with other files. So the one you restored is more than likely from an older service pack level and would never be used anyways by windows.

For example here:

http://everythingsys...-7-sp1-install/