Unable to load Malwarebytes (mbam.dll error)

I received a virus warning while browsing the web. As soon as I saw it I launched Malwarebytes. I was prompted to update. When I tried I received this error warning:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll

An error iccured while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:

MoveFile failed; code 183.

Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.

I aborted the insatllation and the next time I tried loading Malwarebytes I got this error Run Time error file not found Mbam.

I then downloaded the mbam-setup-1.61.0.1400 from CNET and tried reinstalling and got the first error. I then tried uninstalling the Malwarebytes and got a Runtime error (at -1:0): Cannot Import dll:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll

So...is this a bug or have I been hit by a virus that is preventing Malwarebytes form running?

Hope someone can help.

Hello and :welcome:

Please do the following and if that does not work let me know:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

• Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.