avast memory scan cites mbam.

nweissma

avast scanned only "operating memory"; it yielded these seven "infecteds" (see attached).

i mention that avast would not allow me to move these to chest.

likely nothing to worry about -- i merely mention it and ask an mbam tech to explain.

post-4667-0-08102300-1336875412.png

DavidR at avast forum explains that this is not Avast reporting infections as such but that it is seeing virus signatures used by MBam.

He explains it better than I could :

It isn't showing the mbamservice.exe as infected, just that it is the process responsible for loading the data (unencrypted signatures) into memory and it is these signatures avast is detecting.

The detections in memory are frequently other security applications loading unencrypted virus signatures into memory. Having set off a scan of memory by an antivirus application looking for virus signatures, don't be too surprised if it finds some in memory.

Avast could fix this operational fp/issue just by whitelisting our service executable :)

or just leave avast settings at default.......as this only happens if you select "Scan memory"

it is not unknown to avast forum.......if you search avast forum for "scan memory" or "detection in memory" you fined lots of info