Do you have 5000+ posts on our forums?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would believe that Rebecca mentioned that they plan to send something to helpers as well. ;)

The HELPERS, EXPERTS and TRUSTED ADVISORS deserve everything they can get from MBAM.. For their professionalism and patience in dealing with Users alone.

The MODS deserve something for the same reason but most have 5,000+ posts anyway..

The TRANSLATORS, MALWARE HUNTERS, SPAMHUNTERS (that actually stick around and participate :)) and other HEAVY participators who contribute quality over quantity sometimes spend so much time on 65% of their posts they don't have the time to "grin* and "me too" their way to fill in their account post statistics..

It might interest some people to read a specific part of the Forum Posting rules:

How To Behave On An Internet Forum Link to a video..

Item #s of relevance to my comment posted by AdvanceSetup in this FAQ

05. Post Count

Every time you post, your post count goes up by one. Some people seem to think that the higher the post count, the more worthy and valuable they are to society at large. Frankly, the exact opposite seems to be the case; posting just to up your count is insanely annoying, so make sure all your messages add to a discussion in some way. If you're replying in a thread, make sure what you're writing is funny, interesting or funny and interesting. "yeh/i agree/lol" is not, in any way, shape or form, a valid reply, ever.

16. Smilies

If used sparingly a smiley can emphasise a point: sarcasm comes across extremely poorly in forums, almost dangerously so. A quick winky will sort that. Reams and reams of extravagant animated smileys performing all manner of wacky acts are annoying, and are the sort of thing your mum would do, were she able to use a computer.

Just a comment by a two-year, contributing MEMBER.. with 4500+ post count in spite of all the time spent on most posts.. My old Grand-Pappy used to say, "He who expecteth nothing is seldom disappointed." So while I may not like the way things work all the time, I can live with whatever MBAM decides concerning "bonuses" and "care-packages". My moment of initial sour grapes on what happened originally is over.

Live and let live keeps my ego on the back burner.. and I'm am somewhat apologetic for my first reactionary comments. IF I never qualify for any of the goodies mentioned I am here because I want to be.. And MBAM owes me nothing for my participation with the exception of a bit of respect; And respect, if earned, costs MBAM nothing.

;) <<= Smiley; sue me.. :P

Steve

Holy colored text Batman!

Steve, how long did it take you to type all of that?

I'm a two or three finger typist that has to look back and forth from keyboard to monitor to keyboard.. ad nauseam..

I felt like it took forever but I think it only took me 20 minutes or so.. (Another reason my post count is so low for a two-year member :)) <= Yep *grin*

Hi Bud.. how's things??

Steve

We'll be sending out care packages to many groups on the forums in the near future. This was simply a test to see if we can deliver the care packages in an effective manner and how those people would react to them. Stay tuned :).

Its so nice to see a forum site owner in supporting its membership in such a unique way. Job well done, Marcin.

All I can remember is losing almost 800 posts over three database consolidations about a year ago.. I screamed loud and long then - even had screen snaps of my POSTS counters before and after EACH of the 3 times.. no joy.. So I'm hoping I get to 5,000+ before it ever happens again.

Steve

All I can remember is losing almost 800 posts over three database consolidations about a year ago.. I screamed loud and long then - even had screen snaps of my POSTS counters before and after EACH of the 3 times.. no joy.. So I'm hoping I get to 5,000+ before it ever happens again.

Steve

I remember that. We all lost a lot of posts when that happened. Trials and tribulations of migrating servers and upgrading forum software I suppose.

I remember that. We all lost a lot of posts when that happened. Trials and tribulations of migrating servers and upgrading forum software I suppose.

I agree. I lost a bit when I first started running my own web server and eventually figured it out and learned a few things. :)

I agree. I lost a bit when I first started running my own web server and eventually figured it out and learned a few things. :)

Speaking of web-server upgrades; has anyone else noticed we have been bleeding old (6-24 month members) users like a sparkler of the 4th of July sputters??

Over half the people that were active (3 times a week or more) on this system when I joined March 10, 2010 have disappeared???

Sad..

Steve

Nearly everyone who was active when I first joined has disappeared. There are still a few left (mostly the helpers and the ones who got hired, plus some experts who like to post here and there).

Hi Arthur -

You only beat me by a few months (both 08), and that was because it took me a while to get "disinfected" first -

Then I became the serial pest . . ;)

I was in email contact with yardbird until a while ago, but then he moved and did not reply to emails -

5000 Posts WOW! I figure if I keep posting like I have been, I'll be about 102 Years Old! :lol:

I think I'll need a care package by then.lol :wacko: Keep up the good work MBAM. :D