Security hijack

Hi!

The only progress I've seen is the computer loads fast now that Zone Alarm is gone. Are there any scans that I missed that you are waiting for?

:angry2: I just went and checked the overnight Avast scan and it picked up Win 32:mal-gen in doc and settings/all users/adobe. That is most likely my fault. I realized yesterday that I forgot to turn the antivirus and firewall back on after Wednesday's ComboFix. I wondered if it picked anything up because I checked the scan log yesterday when I realized my stupidity and it stated it did a full scan overnight and nothing was found but now it's showing that.....brilliant move on my end :blush: I am officially declaring war on that computer and you are the General. What are my next instructions?

Morning Maniac.

Either I'm not fully awake or this computer is totally whacked because I cannot find the pathway you requested. I get to All Users and then the next options are: Desktop, Favorites, Shared Docs, Menu, and NTUSER.

I'll dig a bit more.....

I should have just taken it from there earlier if that's all you needed, sorry :blush:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Setup\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A95000000001}\Data1.cab|>AcroRd32.exe

Identified it as a Threat:Win32:Malware-gen

Don't be sorry! ;)

Please download Security Check from here or here.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

Checkup Log as requested:

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.24

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86

Internet Explorer 8

``````````````````````````````

Antivirus/Firewall Check:

Windows Firewall Enabled!

avast! Free Antivirus

ESET Online Scanner v3

```````````````````````````````

Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:

Secunia PSI (2.0.0.3001)

Java 6 Update 31

Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.233

````````````````````````````````

Process Check:

objlist.exe by Laurent

AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc.exe

AVAST Software Avast avastUI.exe

``````````End of Log````````````

Hi Maniac.

Well, I did as you requested and nothing has changed. Before I restarted the computer I opened the control panel and 98% of the icons were back to normal (as they should appear) but upon the restart they are messed up again. Still getting that null/void pop up that the screen shot showed and the install new hardware box still pops up upon rebooting the computer. Avast's daily scan have come back clean since the 27th incident......any ideas?

Just a few quick tid bits- there are some Microsoft downloads that I found that need installing. Can I do that?

Just for the heck of it, I searched the pop up deal- it's related to the Yahoo toolbar. I just disabled the toolbar and no pop-up. Do you think uninstalling/reinstalling may solve that all together?

Just a few quick tid bits- there are some Microsoft downloads that I found that need installing. Can I do that?

You can try.

Do you think uninstalling/reinstalling may solve that all together?

I don't have a proposal for a solution, so you can try both options.

Updates successful, and reinstall of the toolbar got rid of the pop-up. Computer running normal with the exception of Avast picking up another Java infection on the overnight scan.

Java:CVE-2012-0507-CH[Expl]

Same as above except CI[Expl]

You mentioned earlier something about Java7?

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!