Suggestion for Improving Update Module

rose1054

I agree Malwarebytes is a great product. Many of my co-workers also swear by the capabilities of the product.

Its great that incremental updates is available but if you dont mind the suggestion the program that does the actual update of the database is a CPU hog at least on my laptop. While the update is processing CPU is 100% busy and this goes on for three to four minutes. Plus its getting longer. I believe I have a Celeron processor not known for good performance. Anything you can do to reduce CPU consumption would be appreciated.

• Staff

Greetings :)

Thanks for the suggestion :).

I'm guessing you're running either Windows Vista or Windows 7.

This issue is because of the technology in Windows that we're currently using for our malicious website blocking module in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

We do have plans to review our current technology and possibly migrate to something that is hopefully far more efficient and less draining on system resources, though I do not know when that will occur.

Greetings :)

Thanks for the suggestion :).

I'm guessing you're running either Windows Vista or Windows 7.

This issue is because of the technology in Windows that we're currently using for our malicious website blocking module in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

We do have plans to review our current technology and possibly migrate to something that is hopefully far more efficient and less draining on system resources, though I do not know when that will occur.

Yes Windows 7.

Curious though I have a desktop with a different processor also running Windows 7 and it doesnt have the problem. It does the updates in seconds.