Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.61 Released

I apologize if this topic has been discussed already, I tried searching for it with no luck.

For how long will version updates to MBAM require manual action? I am an IT consultant and I install MBAM on my users' PCs because it is so automatic. It automatically scans, removes, updates the DB, even automatically kills IE when needed. Yet version upgrades are fully manual. What's worse, when users don't upgrade (which is frequent) their virus definition db falls behind!

Compare to Chrome, which simply updates automatically and silently in the background. No manual action, no system restarts, no problem. Am I missing something or is this not possible in MBAM? Is there any plan to implement automatic version upgrades?

• Root Admin

You're missing that Chrome is not a security product.

You are correct in that it does not update (the development team is working on it to allow it, though I personally do not agree with automatic security program updates as you now have no control of when it happens and if something breaks for some unkown reason you don't have a clue what caused it).

So for now yes it is a semi-manual update process but an update in the future should allow a program update automatically.

Compare to Chrome, which simply updates automatically and silently in the background. No manual action, no system restarts, no problem. Am I missing something or is this not possible in MBAM? Is there any plan to implement automatic version upgrades?

Also remember that Chrome does not run in kernel mode so a simple restart of the program should be sufficient. Kernel level code can affect so many different things including operating system files so a reboot is required for most(Superantispyware is one that does not) security applications installing upgrades.