Reducing Number of Objects Scanned

Hi! I've been using MalwareBytes for a couple of years now and it has been pretty spectacular in helping to keep my computer clean.

As time goes on however my PC has been filled with all kinds of files and they have really needlessly elongated the scan times on my MalwareBytes and was just wondering if there was a way to have MalwareBytes ignore certain folders or sections to reduce the amount of time it takes to scan things. I am aware it needs to scan many files to keep my compuer clean, but I mean folders like my World of Warcraft folder and basically just game folders that take up tons of space and I am mostly sure are always going to be safe.

I have tried using the ignore tab on my MB but it doesn't seem to work as the amount of objects scanned remains the same regardless of what I add to the list.

Thank you for taking the time to read and potentially answer/help me with this very nitpicky issue. - InfernoChaos

• Root Admin

Well there is always a certain amount of file flux (more files or less files) depending on what the computer is doing so adding a folder to ignore that has like 100 files might not even show as being different. You can try using the following temporary file cleaner that is a bit more agressive than some.

Please use TFC to clear temporary files:

Run TFC by OldTimer to clear temporary files:

• Please download TFC from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Close any open programs and Internet browsers.
  • Double click TFC.exe to run it and once it opens click on the Start button on the lower left of the program to allow it to begin cleaning.
  • Please be patient as clearing out temp files may take a while.
  • Once it completes you may be prompted to restart your computer, please do so.
  • Once it's finished you may delete TFC.exe from your desktop or save it for later use for the cleaning of temporary files.