Cannot access Malwarebytes web site

I was unable to find a public access point so could not test another ISP.

However, I did get onto Bigpond Support who tried a few things, including using kproxy.com to access malwarebytes.org (which worked). They could not resolve the issue and agree that the problem is not at my end, so it has been raised to "level 2 support" for resolution within 48 hours.

No problem accessing http://malwarebytes.org/ here on Bigpond mobile broadband from Western Australia

Slight correction, i forgot im using Norton DNS, when i deleted the DNS settings i ended up with the same blank page :unsure:

John A i understand your frustration with Telstra, biggest company here but the worst service and there the most expensive :angry:

Thanks craigb, that's useful info. Perhaps you could report that to Bigpond support too?

For information of others, Telstra is the company that runs Bigpond Internet Services.

So this looks like a Bigpond-wide issue at least, perhaps it is regional rather than ISP specific? - there is still that one report from Kapiti in New Zealand re the same problem

I asked a couple of people in UK to test this issue - no probems there.

I am reasonably happy with Telstra service and price, but I think that this discussion should stay on topic.

Hi Kapiti

Can you report this issue to your ISP and see what they say?

TelstraClear is my ISP, this is the NZ branch of your Telstra. The call waiting time is between 45 and 60 minutes so I’m not particularly looking forward in contacting them, but if the problem continues I will be forced to contact them.

In the meanwhile I have posted a message to a local NZ computer newsgroup asking if the problem exists with other ISP’s in NZ.

I have also tried other computers (friends) and they have the same problem, however, they are also connected to TelstraClear so it doesn’t prove much.

TelstraClear is my ISP, this is the NZ branch of your Telstra. The call waiting time is between 45 and 60 minutes so I’m not particularly looking forward in contacting them, but if the problem continues I will be forced to contact them.

In the meanwhile I have posted a message to a local NZ computer newsgroup asking if the problem exists with other ISP’s in NZ.

I have also tried other computers (friends) and they have the same problem, however, they are also connected to TelstraClear so it doesn’t prove much.

I didn't realise that you had Telstra operating in NZ. Interesting that others on TelstraClear NZ have the same issue. Perhaps it is just Telstra/Bigpond that have this issue. I understand why you are reluctant to contact them!

JohnA,

So far I've received one relpy on nz.comp (newsgroup) and the poster states that he's having the same problem using Vodafone - might get more relpies once Easter is finished but at this stage it would appear that the problem is not just with TelstraClear.

I have the exact same issue from my laptop, and from both the home desktops... One of which we completely formatted last night. Bigpond is our ISP, living in Australia (obviously). This is not on the user end, it's an ISP issue as far as I can tell.

Malwarebytes.org also returns the blank page from my Android phone, connecting via 3G (not home wifi). Phone is with Telstra, and Telstra=Bigpond. All other pages on the malwarebytes site (Ie, this forum, the product page etc) all work.

I’ve received a good response from the nz.comp newsgroup and it would appear the problem is general on ISP’s in NZ. I have also spoken to numerous friends and neighbours and all get a blank page when trying Malwarebytes web page using numerous ISP's. However, people are able to access the site if using an overseas proxy server.

JohnA,

So far I've received one relpy on nz.comp (newsgroup) and the poster states that he's having the same problem using Vodafone - might get more relpies once Easter is finished but at this stage it would appear that the problem is not just with TelstraClear.

I would expect Vodafone user's to see similar issues since Vodafone use Telstra lines.

Not able to contact Bigpond here by phone as im told over an hour wait :angry: and that isnt going to happen as we only have mobiles here.

Once Vividwireless 4G reaches my area it's goodbye Telstra/Bigpond :)

I would expect Vodafone user's to see similar issues since Vodafone use Telstra lines.

Vodaphone may use Telstra telephone wires (so does SouthernPhone), but surely they would use their own internet servers.

Not just the telephone wires but also they " Vodafone" use Telstra mobile towers so i believe everything would have to go through the Telstra servers first and then redirected to the associated company servers.

Not just the telephone wires but also they " Vodafone" use Telstra mobile towers so i believe everything would have to go through the Telstra servers first and then redirected to the associated company servers.

Could be. I don't know enough about how that all works. I will see what happens with my support request to Bigpond which they raised to "level 2" - their 48 hour resolution deadline is today sometime,

Hi noknojon

This issue seems to be resolved now.

The issue didn't affect malwarebytes updates, access to forum, etc; only access to the specific URL www.malwarebytes.org. Other pages on the web site displayed OK. If you have been able to access that URL successfully, then most likely Telstra servers are not involved with your ISP, but we have yet to establish what caused it to happen, so it will probably be an ongoing puzzle.