Malwarebytes an Anti-Virus Program?

Malwarebytes Pro was not allowing Microsoft Security Essentials to start it's real-time protection and it's IP blocking was not allowing ZoneAlarm to block anything. Latest versions. False advertising? The website and company market it as a malware-fighter when according to it's activity, it does much more. I remove ZoneAlarm and Microsoft Security Essentials because the problems was causing more problems with the operating system itself. If Malwarebytes is that powerful, then I'll just use that as my security program. I can understand why the company markets it as "malware" because that's probably what is was original intended, but it seems as if it evolved. Plus Antivirusbytes doesn't sound cool as malwarebytes. Maybe at 2.0, rename the program to Bytes. But also, I would really like windows integration, so that Action Center doesn't complain. I'll see how this works if I use it as an anti-virus program. I discovered these issues while trying to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview, which failed about 50 times. Maybe I'll try installing it again.

• Root Admin

Hello

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary solution to a fully installed Anti-Virus application and is not an Anti-Virus product.

Please see the following link for an explanation from one of our forum Experts.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=98097&view=findpost&p=487311

If there is anything else I can assist you with please let me know.

Thank you

Hello

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary solution to a fully installed Anti-Virus application and is not an Anti-Virus product.

Please see the following link for an explanation from one of our forum Experts.

http://forums.malwar...ndpost&p=487311

If there is anything else I can assist you with please let me know.

Thank you

I highly doubt that because that means most of the stuff on the internet is not a virus then. They are malware and spyware. Anti-virus programs also detect malware and spyware. You're company is just marketing it as a malware program. Spybot and Malwarebytes detect the same exact stuff.