svchost.exe trojan?

Hello,

A friend of my dropped off his laptop with me as he advised it was "all messed up from a virus". Having previously dealt with this computer for my friend (teenage son uses same) I had already loaded Malbytyes on it. I ran a scan and came up with the svchost.exe trojan. I looked on your forums and attempted some previous fixes with no luck. As of last I had tried the RougeKiller.exe program which would freeze each time unless I unchecked MBR. Anyway, I won't bore you all with my non-computer lingo. I did download the DDS program, however, the only log I have available for view is the DDS. I have attached same. Thanks in advance - Tyler

DDS.txt

Welcome to the forum.

Please make sure system restore is running and create a new restore point before continuing.

Please download and run TDSSKiller to your desktop as outlined below:

Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

tdss_1.jpg

-------------------------

Check the boxes beside Verify Driver Digital Signature and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.

tdss_2.jpg

------------------------

Click the Start Scan button.

tdss_3.jpg

-----------------------

If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue

If you get the warning about a file UnsignedFile.Multi.Generic or LockedFile.Multi.Generic please choose

Skip and click on Continue

tdss_4.jpg

----------------------

If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results and offer three (3) options.

Ensure Cure is selected, then click Continue => Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.

Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.

Any entries like this: \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 ( TDSS File System ) - please choose delete.

tdss_5.jpg

--------------------

A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste its contents on your next reply.

MrC

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!