trouble day after installing Malwarebytes...is it a conflict?

I installed yesterday on Win 7 pc with AVG internet security paid version-2010,I think, on it. All seemed ok, it found some issues, which it removed, then said to restart, which I did. All was still ok- computer was on at night, but no one actually was using it. Turned on pc this am to go to email-took about 5-7 minutes total and shut down-again seemed normal. A little while ago, I powered that pc up and went on Amazon; first thing I tried to look up, it hung up on, so I opened a new tab to try again, figuring it was Amazon's site. The new tab never fully loaded so I hit restart. After a few minutes with nothing closing, I knew something was up. Slowly ,over 15 minutes, everything eventually closed except the last screen-that being just the desktop background itself with no icons on it. I could move the pointer around, but could not utilize it to actually do anything-ie- bring up start again to hit shut down. This was frozen for over 1/2 hour, so I finally tried crtl/alt/delet out of desperation.Nothing. I have no reset switch, so I feared I'd have to just pull the plug, which I didn't want to do. Apparrantly, my son went in there and held the power button down which made it shut down. I actually just ordered another copy of the Malwarebytes for this laptop last night because I figured all was fine.Now I'm afraid to install it when it comes. I also have'nt tried to start that other pc up again until I get some info. I also have a new AVG antivirus to install because my old license is up soon. Clearly I'm no expert with these things, but it just seemed that the timing makes me think it's the Malware. Looking in the forums I noticed something about Micro. Security essentials-which was just recently updated on that pc. If that is the problem, would it be an issue that may arise after a few successful starts of the pc, or is that something that would have happened right away? And if that is it, do I really have to do all those steps to right it, or could I just 86 the security essentials? Thanks for your time/help, and sorry for not having better, more technical info for you.

Hello and welcome to the Malwarebytes support forum. Thank you for choosing Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as your malware security solution, my name is Oscar Rubio and I'll be assisting you today.

Open Malwarebytes and perform an update. Once completed perform a quick scan, remove any threats if found. It will show you the results on notepad.

Click on "File" select "Save as" and save the log to Desktop

Attach along with your reply.

Also i will need collect additional information off the system to see if we can spot any issues. Follow directions as below.

Step 1- Please download DDS from the link below and save it to your desktop:

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.scr

Step 2- Disable any security software before running

Step 3- Double click dds.scr to run the tool.

Step 4- It should run and produce 2 logs for you, DDS.txt and Attach.txt

Step 5- Please attach the following file in your next reply:

DDS.txt

Attach.txt