My system is infected but I'm unable to identify it

Hello,

I'm terribly sorry in advance..! As far as I know, there are no script blockers on my system. Ad-Block Plus & Script-Blocker are both on Chrome but Chrome no longer opens. Which was the first sign something was amiss.

I tried to run DDS. It says: "This scan should not take longer than 3 minutes. When the scan is complete, a logfile/report shall pop open. Post the contents of the log file..." You will have noticed that there is no logfile.

Issue # 1: Today Chrome froze. I closed it then it would no longer open at all. (Last night I was experimenting with which Flash to run, the system wide one or the in-biult Chrome one.) After Chrome stopped working, I tried to open Malwarebytes to do a scan - same thing. No longer opens. When I checked Task Manager, there were half a dozen Malwarebytes running from where I'd tried to force it to open but it didn't do anything. Also, when looking at the Control Panel, there was nothing there & said 'This folder is empty'. I'm scared.

Oh yes, and I did a *full* system scan with Avast. Nothing detected.

I'm running 32-bit Windows Vista Home Basic SP2. I'm running Avast 7.0.1and Comodo 5.10.

Sorry again I haven't posted the log as requested but I'm unsure why it wouldn't work for me? Please tell me what to do next. While there's never a good time for this to happen, I'm right in the midddle of a ton of work for uni so the timing is <insert profanity>.

Thanks in advance : )

PS - was also advised via pop up that .Heur.Supicious@1 was installed when I clicked all to instdds.

:welcome:

Please do the following to see if it resolves the issue: Post back and let us know please

Go to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Chameleon

Double Click Chameleon to open the file.

Try clicking Test until one of them works.

MBAM will open and run a quick scan.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!