No Pop-ups for Ip blocking

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anything different about the software that you use on your laptop vs your other two systems? Are either of the other two systems connected to your network wireless as the laptop is?

One desktop is wired. The laptop and another dekstop is wireless. The only thing different is the desktops have N360 as the security software, this laptop has the NIS.

I'm at a loss unfortunately. I am going to confer with my colleagues to see if any of them has any idea as to what might be the cause, but what it seems to be doing is blocking the websites, but then not reporting them as being blocked (hence no log entries and no pop up notifications), which would seem to indicate that something else is intercepting the the traffic to our protection module, which handles the logging of blocked IP's.

I'm at a loss unfortunately. I am going to confer with my colleagues to see if any of them has any idea as to what might be the cause, but what it seems to be doing is blocking the websites, but then not reporting them as being blocked (hence no log entries and no pop up notifications), which would seem to indicate that something else is intercepting the the traffic to our protection module, which handles the logging of blocked IP's.

Okay. Thank you very much. I will keep looking at this thread. Any way to watch this thread

You're very welcome, I'm just sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but hopefully I or one of my colleagues will soon.

Any way to watch this thread
Yes, you can follow the thread by clicking the Follow this topic button on the upper right hand side of this page. As long as your notification settings are default, you should get an email each time there is a new reply to this topic.

You can check your notification settings and control your followed topics by accessing your profile settings for the forum. This link should take you to the settings page and there will be several buttons on the left which will allow you to access the different settings for your profile, including notifications and the topics that you follow.

Hello again :)

One of my colleagues has suggested that this may correct the issue:

Create a Batch File:

• Please copy and paste the following text exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...

• In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file Reset.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and right click on it and select Run as administrator then click Continue at the User Account Control prompt.

Please let me know if that fixed the issue or not.

OK, thanks.

If you're willing, I'd like you to try uninstalling Citrix completely, restarting your PC, and then checking to see if it then logs blocked IP's and shows the notifications in the tray.

The URL to test is iptest.malwarebytes.org

Please let me know how it goes.

I uninstalled Citrix and Norton Internet Security. Still no go.

OK. Please do the following:

• Click on START and type cmd
  • Once cmd appears in the top of the list under Programs, right-click on it and choose Run as administrator
  • Click Yes at the User Account Control prompt
  • In the command prompt window, type the following and press Enter:

systeminfo>"%userprofile%\desktop\info.txt"

Once the command completes, you'll have a text file called info on your desktop. Please zip and attach that file to your next reply.

Excellent, thanks. I've passed it on to one of my colleagues who is assisting me with your case. Hopefully it will help us to figure out the cause of the problem.

Thanks for your patience :).

Thanks. Let me know if you need any more info.

While we're waiting, please post another mbam-check log:

Create and mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, or, if you prefer, you may attach the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post instead

Thank you :)

While we're waiting, please post another mbam-check log:

Create and mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, or, if you prefer, you may attach the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post instead

Thank you :)

Here you go.

CheckResults.txt

My colleague suggested that you might try updating your wireless card drivers, citing this article.

He suggested that you try HP's website to see if there's a new driver there first, and if none is found or it doesn't resolve the issue, then to try Intel's website, as Intel often has newer versions of drivers for their equipment (the Intel wireless card in your laptop).

Please let me know if updating the driver corrects the issue or not.

Thanks.

OK, thanks.

Please do the following (for reference and additional info, the following instructions came from here):

Step 1:

• Click on START and type cmd
  • Once cmd appears in the top of the list under Programs, right-click on it and choose Run as administrator
  • At the command prompt, type the following command and press Enter
    tasklist /svc>"%userprofile%\desktop\Tasks.txt"
  • Once complete, you'll find a file called Tasks.txt on your desktop, please attach it to your next reply.
  • Make certain that you do not reboot your system before completing Step 2 below.

Step 2:

1. In the command prompt window, type the following and press Enter:
    cd "%userprofile%\desktop"
  2. Next, type the following and press Enter:
    netsh wfp capture start
  3. Now, type the following and press Enter:
    ping iptest.malwarebytes.org
  4. Once that finishes, as will be indicated by a line showing the current path (C:\Users\user name\Desktop) with a blinking cursor next to it, type the following and press Enter:
    netsh wfp capture stop
  5. Once complete, you will find a file called wfpdiag or wfpdiag.cab on your desktop, please attach it to your next reply.

To sum up, once completed, I need the following two files:

• Tasks.txt
  • wfpdiag.cab