Bing searches are hijacked in both Explorer and Firefox

My wife noticed issue at first as she uses MSN as her homepage. When she does a search in MSN the results show up in Bing. When she clicks on a given result, 1 out of 4 times the link gets hijacked by a different search engine and ends up at an ad completely unrelated. Backing up is prevented. The highjacker appears to be something called "http://www.letenjoy-search.net", as this briefly appears in the address bar between pages. I have run malwarebytes, norton, Superantispyware, spybot, and still cannot correct the issue. Just to be sure their is an issue, I have clicked on similuar links in MSN on a different PC with no problems. I don't see the issue when using Google or Yahoo, but that doesn't mean it is not there too. Since wife uses MSN, Bing is unavoidable for her. I can recreate it in Bing pretty dependibly when using either firefox or IE9, so it is definitely there.

I have run Highjackthis and have attached the log below. I would really appriciate any help here in solving this problem. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Desperate in Jax

hijackthis.log

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Delete HijackThis.

Please update MBAM, run a Quick Scan, and post its log.

Next, download DDS by sUBs and save it to your Desktop.

Double-click on the DDS icon and let the scan run. When it has run two logs will be produced, please post only DDS.txt directly into your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!