Missing programe files after Trojan.Gen.2

Good morning Catherine.

This GMER run does not show a rootkit onboard, which is another good sign.

Now, with Norton still OFF, and the internet connection back ON, get, save, then run the MS Safety Scanner

http://www.microsoft...us/default.aspx

Use the blue download button at top. Save the download, and then run. Let me know the results.

Turn back on your antivirus program after the MS scanner is done.

I am of the opinion that we have reached the point where there's no residual malware left.

Hi Maurice

I've run the MS Safety scan all it come back clear. So computer seems to be malware free which is brilliant but could you tell me, is there anyway I can get my start menu folders back? If not I assume I'll just have to place a shortcut to those that I use, on the desktop.

I just wanted to say a huge thank you though for all the help you have given me!

You may certainly put shortcuts on your Desktop for your apps.

I do not see an "automated" way to restructure your menu on the Start orb.

You are welcome.

Here is the procedure to cleanup after the tools I had you use, plus some tips on getting safer, staying safer.

The "/uninstall" in the Run line below is to start Combofix for it's cleanup & removal function.

Note the space before the slash mark.

The utility must be removed to prevent any un-intentional or accidental usage, PLUS, to free up much space on your hard disk.

• Highlight the line in this CODEBOX.
    Select & Copy the entire line within this codebox (so that it is in Windows clipboard memory)
    c:\users\Catherine\Desktop\Combo-Fix /uninstall

• Start >> type in cmd >> press the Ctrl+Shift+Enter keyboard combination and cmd.exe will be launched as if you selected Run as Administrator. You will then see a User Account Control prompt asking if you would like to allow the Command Prompt to be able to make changes on your computer. Click on the Yes button and you will now be at the Elevated Command Prompt.
    Do a Right click within the command prompt window and select Paste. This must show the line from Codebox above.
    Then tap Enter

IF in the case Combofix un-install has an issue, skip that step.

NEXT

• Download OTC to your desktop and run it
  • Click Yes to beginning the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. Choose Yes.

We are finished here. Best regards.