Another apparent victim of Rootkit.0access.H...please help

Merged 3 post

After a quick search, I've seen this topic pop up a lot recently, and I got hit today. First discovered it because of a game I play online, and my "ping" was sky high, so I knew something was up. Started getting a lot of redirects also when getting online. I ran malwarebytes, and as you guys know, it finds it, but won't get rid of it. Could someone please help me with a step by step removal plan?

If I can figure out how, I'll go ahead and set it up to email me when someone responds to this. Thanks a lot in advance.

can someone help me with this?

I've noticed this subforum seems to be busy, and have seen that many Threads have gone completely unanswered. So here's the malwarebytes log from the last quick scan I did. Could really use some help here, my work revolves around the internet, and can't get much done at this point.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.1.1000

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.03.22.02

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 NTFS (Safe Mode/Networking)

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

B. Sites :: BRYAN-D22089754 [administrator]

3/22/2012 9:50:02 AM

mbam-log-2012-03-22 (09-50-02).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM

Scan options disabled: P2P

Objects scanned: 190525

Time elapsed: 7 minute(s), 46 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 1

C:\WINDOWS\system32\asyncmac.dll (RootKit.0Access.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!