C:\WINDOWS\SxsCaPendDel

rriso

Hello,

While looking in my windows dir I noticed the following empty folder:

C:\WINDOWS\SxsCaPendDel

I have not seen this folder before and Googled this. I picked up approx 8000 hits, mostly this dir was in various scan logs associated with malware. I did not see any one directly relating this to a specific problem; it was just mentioned in the logs.

My curiosity got the best of me and I called a friend to look at his system to see if he had this folder. He did. I called another friend and he also had this empty folder.

After approx two and a half hours of looking on the internet, I can not find a legal reason for this folder.

All of my scans come back clean. This includes an online Panda scan. My friends systems all come back clean.

Does anyone know of a legal program that uses this directory?

Thank You.

Hello rriso!

Very often, this folder contains malware. It's possible that malware is hidden, so I advised you to:

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?
  2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
  3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.