bought MalwareBytes

Hello,

I bought MalwareBytes yesterday along with BitDefender anti-virus and I couldn't install bitdefender having MalwareBytes in my computer already.

My question is:

do I need to get an anti-virus or by just having MalwareBytes installing I will be protected ?

Thank you.

Hello Lautaro and welcome to MalwareBytes forums.

Please provide more full details as to why & how you cannot install BitDefender. Did the setup portion of BitDefender show a "warning message" or prompt ? If so, exactly what does it say?

We also need to know the exact name & version of BitDEfender you got.

Tell me which 1 or 2 of the programs are not installed. Or if you have already fixed this issue.

Is this a new system? Did it come with an anti-virus program pre-installed? a trial edition??

Hello,

My question is:

do I need to get an anti-virus or by just having MalwareBytes installing I will be protected ?

Thank you.

Please also read these topics about MBAM and a AntiVirus product, it will make things a bit clearer:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=98097&st=0&p=487311entry487311

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=102698&st=0&p=507785entry507785 (post #6)

Gerard

Thanks for your answers.

Hello Lautaro and welcome to MalwareBytes forums.

Please provide more full details as to why & how you cannot install BitDefender. Did the setup portion of BitDefender show a "warning message" or prompt ? If so, exactly what does it say?

We also need to know the exact name & version of BitDEfender you got.

Tell me which 1 or 2 of the programs are not installed. Or if you have already fixed this issue.

Is this a new system? Did it come with an anti-virus program pre-installed? a trial edition??

I purchased Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 and MalwareBytes. First I installed MalwareBytes because my Kaspersky license expired 3 days ago and I got infected with a virus called isecurity.exe and after searching a little bit in the internet I found a thread here in MalwareBytes regarding that issue so I thought this software already had this malware/virus in its database.

After running a scan with MalwareBytes I tried installing my Bitdefender Internet Security 2012, this is the message I got:

Ub8x4.png

My computer OS:

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)

Would it make any difference if I uninstall MalwareBytes, then install Bitdefender first and after having it installed trying to install MalwareBytes again?