MalwareBytes PRO Compatibility: WebRoot Window Washer

Just purchased MalwareBytes PRO & b4 I install it I have some questions of compatibility on my Windows 7 64-bit OS.

I have contacted WebRoot & was told their "Window Washer" is not compatible w/ MalwareBytes PRO.

Is MalwareBytes PRO "fully" compatible w/ WebRoot "Window Washer" or not?

I would like a straight, honest answer so I don't waste my time.

Thank you

Hi:

We'll likely need to wait for an MBAM staffer to arrive with an official word on this.

However, I don't see Window Washer listed among the products for which we have prepared "setting exclusions" instructions.

This may be b/c WWW is not an actual AV.

Moreover, it appears that WWW has been discontinued and is no longer supported.

See here: http://www.webroot.c...ndowwasher.html and here: http://www.compareda...s-washer/review (which clearly states that the product has been discontinued by Webroot)

So, to keep your computer safe, it would be a good idea to replace WWW with a supported, up-to-date AV program (either free or paid).

MBAM PRO will run just fine alongside any of the major AVs to provide layered protection.

We will be happy to help you set up the mutual permissions/exclusions between the AV and MBAM to optimize performance.

HTH,

daledoc1

PS I noticed that you posted a similar query about Webroot Spy Sweeper HERE, and that you are also being assisted by the help desk. They'll assist you further :)