IP False Positives - 67.213.222.176 - 67.213.222.179, possibly more

Nephyrin

It recently came to my attention that MalwareBytes is blocking at least three of my IPs, possibly more. The involved IPs are all dedicated to TF2 game servers. I just did a security check on this box, and see no malicious activity, other services, or any other activity period other than hosting one TF2 game server per IP.

The IPs I have confirmed are blocked are:

67.213.222.176 - game.doublezen.net - Hosts a private TF2 testing server, and a private minecraft server.

67.213.222.177 - tf1.game.doublezen.net - Hosts a single, public, TF2 server

67.213.222.178 - tf2.game.doublezen.net - Hosts a single, public, TF2 server

67.213.222.179 - tf3.game.doublezen.net - Hosts a single, public, TF2 server

The complete block of IPs for this box are:

67.213.212.0 - 67.213.212.3

67.213.222.176 - 67.213.222.179

I would like to know why these IPs were banned and how to avoid it in the future. Unilaterally blocking a good chunk of our players without so much as an email heads up was an unpleasent surprise.

My apologies for taking so long to reply.

Your IPs weren't supposed to have been blocked (the block was placed due to a considerable amount of malicious content across several IPs on the range). I'll get this unblocked for the next update.

My apologies for taking so long to reply.

Your IPs weren't supposed to have been blocked (the block was placed due to a considerable amount of malicious content across several IPs on the range). I'll get this unblocked for the next update.

Thank you for your quick assistance.

Some more info on these IPs - they are IPs administered by 100tb.com (aka UK2 Group) for servers they resell out of SoftLayer's datacenters. I'm not sure if these IPs are allocated to UK2 group or SoftLayer originally, but both are fairly reputable hosting companies. I would guess that any data center that rents individual servers is going to have a fair share of bad apples, so I would be careful blocking large chunks in these ranges arbitrarily.