RougeRemover

mrroach

I wish that you all would bring back RougeRemover, I've been in situations that without it, even with the current release of anti-malware I can't complete a scan. I've got the latest version of RougeRemover that you don't support anymore, or offer for that matter, and it's gotten me out of many a tight jams. Please bring it back.

Greetings mrroach and welcome to the forum.

Not that it's any consolation (I loved RR too, and still keep a copy of the free version on my flash drive) but here's some posts with insight from the main developer Rubber Ducky about why it was discontinued:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5616

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10344

By the way, it's also portable in case you didn't know, meaning you can grab the folder from the program files directory and copy it to a flash drive to run on infected PC's without having to install anything.

• Root Admin

Well I could be wrong, but if anything is needed I would assume it is the Visual Basic Runtime files and not the common control files and definitely not the .NET files. Though having the .NET files now days is probably a good thing because most software being developed commercially is starting to use .NET more and more.

Well I could be wrong, but if anything is needed I would assume it is the Visual Basic Runtime files and not the common control files and definitely not the .NET files. Though having the .NET files now days is probably a good thing because most software being developed commercially is starting to use .NET more and more.

I know the help file for MBAM links to the Common Controls, and not the Runtime. I assume Marcin made Rogue Remover with the same dependency.

As far as .NET, there's no need to install the Common Controls or the Runtime if you have .NET 2.0 installed. They're part of the .NET framework.

That's correct. You only need working and properly registered VB runtimes and support files.