elohnroc

TrendMicro Positive on scan

Hi

TrendMicro is seeing malwarebytes as virus and quarantining rtkt_fake.y with a message regarding dor.exe. I've followed the instructions regarding the pinned message "before you report a false positive" but when I do that, I get several "unexpanded variable" errors.

Any info?

My Trend Micro Internet Security just quarantined RTKT_FAKE.Y early this am also.

Yes, this AM too. And if you attempt to reinstall, Trend will intervene as well.

hey all,

I am Bo Olsen and work at trend. I am looking into this now.

I was just about to say I had reported this, but thanks Bo for taking the time to join and reply here

Just registered to throw my support behind this too. Trend flagged Malwarebytes as RTKT_FAKE.Y on all workstations at/around 2:30pm eastern time.

Same here as well. I was installing Malwarebytes for the first time and during installation Trend Micro quarantines "RTKT_FAKE.Y". A non-trend micro window pops up and also says a file could not be renamed properly during the installation. I hit retry and another trend micro alert popped up showing the same virus. The name of the file that trend micro shows has a virus on install was "is-80SU4.tmp". On the retry it says, "is-5Q06P.tmp.

For the person that is using Malwarebytes for the first time, does this mean that Malwarebytes is still safe to install and run. I have uninstalled Malwarebytes for the time being and when I learn more from this thread.

Thank you for your help.

no problem happy to join.

I already had this dropped from the pattern I am now working on getting the pattern released. I will update you when I have the exact time frame for the release. It will be done today though. (ASAP)

I just did a manual Trend Micro Internet Security 2009 scan and came up clean!... MBAM comes up clean also?

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.33

Database version: 1717

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

2/2/2009 2:54:23 PM

mbam-log-2009-02-02 (14-54-23).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 64458

Time elapsed: 12 minute(s), 23 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

The pattern will be released in 2 hours with the detection dropped. :D

Thank you all for the heads up and sorry for the trouble.