Help! My HP 64-Bit Laptop is infected!

Hello everyone---

My friend relayed me to this site...I have been trying for 3 months now to get rid of this virus I contracted on my laptop. My laptop is fairly new so it's not worth getting a new one, however, i'm in college and don't have the $200 to fork up to bring to Staples to have them wipe out my laptop. I believe I contracted the Win7 virus back in Nov....i've done some reasearch on this virus and have tried mulitiple ways to try to get rid of it; i tried adding antivirus software (norton, sophos, and microsoft security essentials...nothing worked.) These are the symptoms I get:

when I put my computer in hibernation/sleep mode it automatically shuts down. When I search something in google and click on the site I want to be on, I then get directed to a phony site when I click on the site I want to be on.

Then constantly I'll see msgs like "out of memory at line: 7,8. 11,etc

i've done the research for thsi virus multiple times, i've also tried over the last 2-3 months to install any antivirus that i can get my hands on for free (ive tried norton, sophos, microsoft security essentials...none of them will stay on my laptop)

last but not least, after my laptop randomly shuts down, when I restart it, the computer goes into "system repair" mode...I checked the notes before relogging on and it said the C drive is corrupt. One more thing, sometimes I get funny messages that pop up like "msg from winnicade"

I'll check on here from time to time, but if anyone has any advice please emaIl me (no spam) at:

I really need this laptop for school and it will be a real nusicance if this stays infected! THanks to all for reading this have a blessed day!

Edited by Mainard
removed email address

Hello and :welcome:

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:

• Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.

[*]Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.

[*]A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.

[*]Notepad will open with the results.

[*]Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.

[*]Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.

Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

• 1 month later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!