malwarebytes not updating database, i am infected

hkr6152

My computer desktop dell 650 is infected , today I was not able to connect to internet , the malwarebytes I downloaded from cnet today is not updating its database to new version , it gives me error (PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING(0,0etc,.)

I tried mbam-clean.exe as well, still having issues ,

without updating the to new version of database the malwarebytes scan completes in just less than a minute,

post-108927-0-18122300-1330456881.jpg

Hello hkr6152 and welcome to Malwarebytes forum.

If you have access to another pc, use it to do new downloads & then copy/burn to CD/DVD or put on a clean/new USB-flash-drive and transport to problem-system and copy to Desktop. Alternatively, restart system and immediately tap F8 function key, and select Safe Mode with Networking.

Download and Save mbam-clean.exe from >> here <<

Next Download & SAVE the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from >> here <<

RUN mbam-clean.

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus

If you need how-to guidance, see How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Run the mbam-setup.

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration, if you have a license. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's >> here << or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Re-enable the anti-virus application that you turned off before.

Post the log from MBAM scan. Be sure to also tell me your Windows version if unable to do anything with MBAM.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!