Question about a Pup I got

and not the ones that bark. Anyway the other day I was downloading a casual game from a site. Well I download many of them so I can't remember the site only file name. Malwarebytes didn't detect anything when I installed the game. I have since uninstalled the game, but today when I ran a scan with Malwarebytes today it detected the installation file as a pup.Pup.BundleInstaller.Ol. My question is why didn't it detect it when I was installing the game?

Windows 7 64-bit

Norton Security Suite (Comcast)

Malwarebytes Pro

Thank you.

Michelle

Hello Michelle and Welcome to the Malwarebytes forum.

When dealing with PUP these are not necessarily a threat as it could be just an unwanted program from another installer or it could be a program that you install like you said earlier. The reason Malwarebytes is picking up the PUP now is probably because there are remnants of the software that is still on your computer. This is not uncommon as most software when uninstalled is not completely uninstalled unless they have that selection in the uninstaller to do so or another program that completely uninstalls everything. Could you please paste a copy of your scan on here for me to look at so I can see exactly what Malwarebytes is detected.