SpywareBlaster Installer Flagged by Protection Module.

beversoll

Crud...

Please provide a developer log so that I can get this removed from a future update. It's a false positive, in the mean time, please tell mbam to ignore it.

This happened after I downloaded the program. MBAM identified it once I clicked on the installer to install SpywareBlaster. I ran a quick scan and the log was clean. Let me know if there is anything else you need me to do.

I have isolated the bad definition responsible for the false positive and sent the information to Bruce. The next update should resolve that false alarm by the resident protection module. Thanks for bringing it to our attention and I sincerely apologize on behalf of MalwareBytes for any issues you suffered as a result of this.

Thanks again!

Absolutely no problem. I appreciate all the hard work you guys put into this software. Thanks.

Hello. The bad definition should be removed now. Please update your copy of MBAM and let me know if you continue to have an issue with spyware blaster installation.

Hello. The bad definition should be removed now. Please update your copy of MBAM and let me know if you continue to have an issue with spyware blaster installation.

Hey Raid,

I'm at database 1713 and it is still flagging the installer when I click on it to install SpywareBlaster. A quick scan did not detect it. Let me know if you need me to do anything else.