Sign in to follow this  
lenice8

rootkit0access virus keeps reappearing after removal with malwarebytes

I was having trouble with my computer which has Mcafee anitivirus protection on it. I ran malwarebytes and i found and removed several viruses and trojans.

The problem is that the rootkit0access virus still appears everytime i run the scan. Its had for me to get to a particulat internet site because it takes me to weird sites intstead of the one i want.

Please help me. I am a novice on computers!!

Welcome to the forum.

You have a very nasty infection and it's probably bundled with some other malware.

Please read this warning and let me know what you would like to do.

Removing this infection can also disable the ability to connect to the internet which I may not be able to restore, resulting in a repair install.

MrC

oh. It thats the case and it isnt easy for me to remove myself i will take it to get fixed by someone who knows what they are doing, becuse i really dont. Thanks anyway, it was worth checking with someone to see if it was easily fixable.

Well it's fixable but there could always be problems, I have to let you know that up front, MrC

Since this issue is resolved I will close the thread to prevent others from posting here. If you need assistance please start your own topic and someone will be happy to assist you.